Common Indications for the use of collagen stimulators are;
• Volume loss to the face
• Mild skin laxity
• Improvement in skin texture
Treatment timing will vary on application and will include a 30 minute to 1.5hour appointment with results commencing over the following 4 weeks. Optimal results are seen at the 12 week mark with the ability to add more collagen stimulators from 4 weeks in some cases. Results vary between individuals however most will achieve results lasting 18 to 24 months once desired results are achieved.
You may experience swelling and bruising after treatment due to the injection of the product.
After care includes;
• No excessive exercise for 24-48hours
• No makeup application for minimum 24 hours
• No active ingredients (eg. Vitamin C) for 24-48hours.
• Necessary massage is required with certain products which will be discussed with your aesthetic health care professional.
What are the risks?
Whilst uncommon, there are risks associated with medical treatments including collagen stimulators. Common side effects may include;
• Mild pain
Rare side effects include;
• Nodule formation
• Delayed hypersensitivity reaction
• Vascular compromise
Your injector will discuss these risks with you previous to your collagen stimulator treatment.