Common indications for PRP include;
• Skin laxity to face, under eye rejuvenation, neck, decolletage and back of hands.
• Hair rejuvenation in males and females.
• Multiple uses for PRP in medical treatments.
This treatment will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. Before treatment your aesthetic health care professional will suggest some pre-treatment recommendations for best results including maintaining good hydration. Your blood will be taken at the time of your appointment to be used to obtain the Platelet Rich Plasma.
Results are optimal after 3 sessions 4-6 weeks apart for skin rejuvenation however optional maintenance treatments can be utilised to maintain results. Results vary between individuals however most will achieve results lasting 6-18months after the initial series of treatments.
There is no extended downtime for this treatment however you may have some redness and bruising.
Your aftercare includes;
• No excessive exercise for 24-48hours
• No makeup application for minimum 24 hours
• No active ingredients (eg. Vitamin C) for 24-48hours.
• Avoiding alcohol and smoking for at least 24 hours
What are the risks?
Whilst uncommon, there are risks associated with medical treatments including Platelet Rich Plasma injections. Common side effects may include;
Rare side effects can include;
During your complimentary consultation your aesthetic health professional will discuss Platelet Rich Plasma and all of the appropriate information relevant to your treatment.